- At Gateway Pediatrics our intention is to provide your children the best care possible at all times.
- We will accommodate requests that are realistic, feasible and in the best interests of your child’s health.
- Please review our appointment policy and contact us for additional information or clarification.
IN THE OFFICE:
ARRIVE EARLY :
- Your insurance data needs to be verified and updated prior to each office visit.
- This usually takes only a few minutes but can be longer if you have new insurance.
- Your insurance may deny your claim if not correctly verified PRIOR to the encounter.
- AHCCCS insurance eligibility can be verified ONLY on the date of service.
- Call ahead with new insurance data and our office staff can verify it before you come in.
- Time spent on verifying insurance can limit your time with the health care provider.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
PLEASE CALL 911 FOR ALL LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES.
- Call 480-963-6668 to schedule appointments.
- WE CANNOT ACCOMMODATE WALK-IN APPOINTMENTS.
- Same-day appointments for ill visits are scheduled on a first-available basis.
- Patients who arrive ON TIME are seen ahead of those who arrive late.
- Your appointment may be rescheduled or shortened if you arrive late.
- Please call ahead if you are late or unable to make your appointment time.
- We will try our best to accommodate your child’s appointment whenever possible.
- Late arrival means coming more than 15 minutes after your scheduled time.
- Late arrivals will be given the first available appointment but is NOT guaranteed on the day of the missed appointment.
NO-SHOW/LATE CANCELLATION FEE:
- The no-show fee is $25 for well child check appointments scheduled with Dr. Sudha, Neva Schwartz, Sandra Sexton or Carolyn Smeltzer if cancelled/rescheduled without 24 hours notice.
- The no-show fee is $25 for sick visit appointments cancelled/rescheduled with less than 2 hours notice.
- The no-show fee is $50 for appointments made with Pauline Gatchell (Breastfeeding Consultation) and Dorothy Rzewnicki (Developmental and Behavioral Consultation) if cancelled/rescheduled without 24 hours notice.
- When there have been 3 no-show appointments within one year, Gateway Pediatrics will notify the family and reserves the right to discharge the patient from the practice.
APPOINTMENTS FOR ADDITIONAL CHILDREN:
- Please schedule the additional appointment by calling the office.
- Please DO NOT ask the health care provider when the child with the scheduled appointment is being seen.
- Every encounter with a health care provider has to be documented in order to bill your insurance.
- The provider may find it difficult to refuse your request and this can result in unfairly long wait times for patients previously scheduled.
CELL PHONE AND ELECTRONIC MEDIA USAGE IN OFFICE:
- Please turn off cell phones in the office and in the examination rooms.
- This common courtesy will ensure you utilize your appointment time to the greatest benefit.
- Please refrain from working on your laptop, Ipad, and other electronic devices in the office.