Meet the Front Desk
ELLIE (BILLING SPECIALIST) & BEVERLY (REFERRAL COORDINATOR)
- Ellie is affectionately known to Gateway Pediatrics as “The Principal”. She runs E Bill Medical Solutions with the proverbial iron fist in velvet gloves. E Bill Medical Solutions and Gateway Pediatrics have been in partnership since 2005.
- Beverly (“Grandma Bev”) joined us in 2006. She worked in healthcare in MO for many years before moving to AZ. With two sons, many grandchildren and two cats. Her large heart has a soft corner for families with special needs children. She is their fiercest advocate. Bev relaxes by swimming, reading and crocheting and is an active member of her church.
KATHERINE (ASSISTANT TO DOROTHY RZEWNICKI, CPNP, PMHS)
- Katherine began working at Gateway Pediatrics in 2005 when she was in High School (and still a patient of Dr. Sudha!).
- Starting as a shy, reserved teenager of few words who filed charts in her spare time, she has evolved into the front desk manager, assistant to Dorothy Rzewnicki, and technological mastermind of Gateway Pediatrics.
- Her BS is in Molecular BioSciences and BioTechnology with a minor in Chemistry from ASU.
- Katherine is an avid soccer enthusiast and player.
KARLA (BILINGUAL, ASSISTANT REFERRAL COORDINATOR)
- Karla joined Gateway Pediatrics in 2007, working part time initially while graduating High School.
- She now works full time, managing the front desk with Katherine, assisting Beverly with specialist referrals and attending Mesa Community College to pursue a career in health care.
- Karla is a fluently bilingual in English and Spanish and is a certified Medical Translator. Efficient, meticulous and detail oriented, Karla trains new employees at the front desk and is an invaluable asset to Gateway Pediatrics.
- Hobbies include shopping, fashion, travel and reading.
- Bea joined us in 2013, another welcome bilingual resource at Gateway Pediatrics.
- She assists in the running of the front desk.
- Bea has a teenage son and enjoys reading, traveling and dancing.
SHIVANI (FILE ROOM AND FRONT DESK ASSISTANT)
- Shivani (Senior) is yet another talented youngster who has worked at Gateway Pediatrics since she was in High School.
- She is currently a senior at AZ State University majoring in Elementary Education.
- Over the years, Shivani has been trained to assume greater responsibilities at the front desk.
- A fashion and dance enthusiast, Shivani also loves to travel.
AMBER (FILE ROOM AND FRONT DESK ASSISTANT)
- Amber joined Gateway Pediatrics in 2012, taking over the organizing of the file room with quiet efficiency.
- A senior at AZ State University working towards a degree in Biology, Amber hopes to pursue a career in health administration and medical office management.
- Amber and Shivani Senior are the “social coordinators” of Gateway Pediatrics organizing staff birthdays, the annual Christmas party, etc.
- Amber enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading and travelling.
SHIVANI (FILE ROOM)
- Shivani (Junior) is also an invaluable “find” discovered as a High School student.
- Talented and ambitious, Shivani is enrolled in the Barrett Honors College at AZ State University. She is working towards a degree in Psychology while concurrently pursuing the pre-health track.
- Shivani served on an eye opening medical mission to Honduras this summer.
- She loves to challenge herself, the TV show Friends, movies, shopping, reading, traveling and is an excellent singer.