Meet the Nurses
MONIKA, LPN (BACK OFFICE SUPERVISOR)
- Monika moved from West Virginia to join us in 2006.
- An experienced LPN, Monika has assumed the reins of back office manager.
- Monika is currently working towards her RN degree.
- She is in charge of hiring and training nurses, ordering supplies and vaccines and inventory management.
- Monika is a familiar voice to our patients with triage telephone advice.
- Married with a toddler daughter, Monika is a photography buff, loves to sing, read, listen to music and spend time with her family.
LISA, RN (NURSE EDUCATOR, OSHA TEAM LEAD)
- Lisa joined Gateway Pediatrics in 2006 and wears many hats.
- A graduate in Health Science/Public Health Education from AZ State University ASU and RN from Mesa Community College, Lisa also has a Post Bachelor Certification in Education from ASU.
- An educator at heart, Lisa teaches in her church preschool and childbirth, breastfeeding, infant care and safe sitter classes at Chandler Regional and Mercy Gilbert Medical Centers.
- Lisa is a trained CPR instructor.
- Lisa coordinates the “Meet the Doctor” visit for expecting parents.
- In addition to her nursing duties and telephone triage, Lisa is also our OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health) team lead.
- Lisa has two daughters and 2 beautiful young granddaughters.
- Lisa enjoys reading, arts and crafts, singing and volunteering in her church.
VALERIE, RN (IMMUNIZATION AND VACCINE TEAM LEAD, EDITOR-IN-CHIEF)
- Valerie earned her BSN from Kent State University.
- An RN with years of experience in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Valerie is also trained in asthma and allergy, as well as IV infusion therapy.
- Her razor sharp editorial skills, meticulous attention to detail, and quiet sense of humor are her hallmarks in the back office.
- Valerie is our immunization champion and has crusaded the implementation and enforcement of Gateway Pediatrics’ vaccination policy.
- She is married with 3 children.
- Valerie enjoys traveling, healthy cooking and gardening.
TRACI, MA (ASIIS COORDINATOR)
- Traci is a certified Medical Assistant with 20 years of Pediatric experience.
- She worked for 6 years as a school nurse in AZ and is very familiar with the state immunization requirements for school.
- Tiny but mighty, Traci is in charge of maintaining the AZ State Immunization Registry and is also one of our triage nurses.
- She has a busy life with 3 daughters and in her spare time, loves to watch movies, read and shop.
KHRISTA, RN (BACK OFFICE NURSE)
- Khrista has grown up with Gateway Pediatrics.
- Joining us in 2006 as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Khrista graduated to front office manager.
- She continued to work at Gateway Pediatrics while pursuing her RN at Phoenix College. On successful completion of her RN Boards in 2014, Khrista is now a full time back office nurse.
- A familiar loved face and voice to our families, Khrista has a photographic memory of the children in our practice.
- She is working towards her BSN from AZ State University.
- Khrista also works at Friendship Village Healthcare Center, volunteers at the Child Crisis Center and helps take care of a child with special needs.
- Despite her busy school and work schedules, Khrista finds time to read, attend CrossFit training classes, do water sports and hike.